Sunday, January 16, 2011

Elven Heroes

I finished these a little while back but had not got round to putting up the picures to my blog.

Galadriel, Lady of Lothlorien


Celeborn, Lord of Lothlorien.


Haldir, Guardian of Lorien.


Glorfindel, Lord of the West. Here on Foot for the SBG game.


Glorfindel, Lord of the West, riding Asfaloth.


An Elven Stormcaller of Lothlorien.


A company of Mirkwood Sentinels.
A single company is a little brittle but its all I have of them currently.


Gildor's Household. Only two companies, still a little brittle, I'd like to add another company.

6 comments:

  1. Scott,

    That is some very nice work on those WOTR coys. I really like what you've done with the colour set and they're going to look good on the gaming table.

    Cheers

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellently painted as usual, very impressive. I think the mounted Glorfindel is my favorite.

    Jamie

    www.lotr-collector.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job on the elves...hope you keep adding to your blog, your pieces are excellent!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great paint job here. I love your collection, and your blog is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although a bit late, that's the BEST Glorfindel on-foot I have ever seen!! In fact I immediately bought him after seeing yours. Please do tell how you painted him if possible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, glad you like him.
    I use a mixture of Foundry and GW paints.
    OK - After model prep trimming/filing etc - Undercoat black.
    Flesh: I used foundry 5a
    Robes: Dark grey like Foundry 34b or adeptus grey.
    Other grey clothing slightly lighter so Foundry 32b or Codex grey.
    Cloak: Shadow grey.
    Hair: Foundry 30b
    Chainmail and sword: "chainmail"
    Sword handle: scorched brown
    pommel and tiara: gold

    Once all base colour blocked in I wash whole figure in a 50/50 mix of devlan mud + Badab black

    Once dry I go back over again with base colours leaving brown in the recesses.

    I then paint on highlights with one shade lighter than base tone.

    The skin I go up through both shades of 5b and 5c.

    Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my blog. It is always nice to get feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...